This White Thin Flat Flexible Cable (FFC) has 2 x 24AWG conductors and is 5.08mm wide, 7.5” long and only 0.22mm thick. One end of the cable has a 2.1mm ID x 5.5mm OD over-mold in-line female barrel socket DC power connector, and the other end has 4mm of bare conductors that are tinned and ready to be soldered to a connector of your choice or directly to the appropriate points in an electronic circuit. Since this cable is extremely thin and flexible, it can be run around battery compartment covers, through narrow cracks and around tight corners, and it can also be run under items allowing them to sit flat without tilting or wobbling. The cable polarity is indicated with a faint red stripe on the insulation of the FFC cable. This faint red stripe indicates the conductor that is attached to the center conducting pin on the 2.1mm x 5.5mm female barrel socket connector. The female barrel socket connector is made of a white PVC insulating material, and the FFC cable is made of a white polyester insulating material.
The female barrel socket connector on this cable will mate with the male barrel plug connectors on our AC to DC wall power adapters and our power extension and splitter cables, so this cable can be part of an overall battery eliminator solution in electronic devices that use regular batteries where you would rather solder the bare conductor ends of the cable directly to the appropriate points in the electronic circuit you are trying to power instead of using our active and passive dummy cell batteries.
As an example application, suppose you want to eliminate 2 x AA batteries. You could use this FFC cable and an AC to DC Wall Adapter that supplies the appropriate power for electronic devices that use 2 x AA batteries. The bare conductor ends of the cable would need to be soldered directly to the appropriate points inside of the electronic device. This will require a certain amount of skill and expertise with respect to soldering and being able to identify the appropriate points in the electronic circuit and is only recommended for the advanced do-it-yourselfer.
· This FFC cable is intended for the do-it-yourselfer who has the expertise to either attach a custom connection to the bare conductor ends or to solder the bare conductor ends to the appropriate points in an electronic circuit or device.
· Avoid sharply bending or severely pinching the FFC cable since this might break the thin conductors in the cable. In some cases, it might be necessary to file out a notch for the cable to go around the battery compartment cover.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT, PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CALL OR E-MAIL US AT [email protected].
· White 2-Conductor Thin Flat Flexible Cable (FFC) is Only 0.22mm Thick and 5.08mm Wide, so It Will Easily Run Around Battery Compartment Covers and Narrow Cracks
· One Cable End Has a 2.1mm ID x 5.5mm OD Over-Mold In-Line Female Barrel Socket DC Power Connector. Other Cable End Has 4mm Stripped & Tinned Bare Ends With 2.54mm Conductor Pitch
· 24AWG Equivalent Wire Gauge Has a 3A Carrying Capacity
· 9” Overall Cable Length (End-to-End), and 7.5” Overall FFC Cable Length
· Barrel Connector is Made of White PVC Insulating Material, and FFC Cable is Made of White Polyester Insulating Material
· Barrel Connector Mates with Other Barrel Connectors in Our Battery Eliminator Kits and Accessories Such as AC to DC Wall Power Adapter, Power Extension and Power Splitter Cables
· Intended For the Do-It-Yourselfer Who Can Either Solder or Provide a Custom Connection to the Stripped & Tinned Bare Wire Ends
· Part of a Battery Eliminator Solution That's Perfect for Flameless LED Candles and Other Electronic Devices That Are Heavily Used and Left on For Extended Periods of Time
Made in China for LightsandBatteries.com
Manufacturer’s Part Number
White 2-Conductor Thin Flat Flexible Cable (FFC)
24AWG Equivalent Wire Gauge Each Conductor (3A Current Carrying Capacity)
· One End – 4mm Stripped & Tinned Bare Ends 2.54mm Conductor Pitch
· Other End – 2.1mm ID x 5.5mm OD, Over-Mold In-Line Female Barrel Socket DC Power Connector
· 9” Overall Cable Length (End-to-End)
· 7.5” Overall FFC Cable Length
· 5.08mm Cable Width
· 0.22mm Cable Thickness
· 2.54mm Conductor Pitch
· 4mm Exposed Conductor Length
Faint Red Stripe on FFC Cable Indicates Conductor Connected to Center Pin of Connector
· White PVC Connector
· White Polyester FFC Cable
Indoor Use Only
· White FFC Cable
· White 2.1mm x 5.5mm Female Barrel Socket DC Power Connector