This AA Active Dummy Cell Battery is used to replace a real AA battery in flameless LED candles and other electronic devices that use one or more AA batteries. It has an 8" long, 22AWG, 2-conductor red & black ZIP wire that has 0.125-inches of insulation stripped off the ends, and the ends are tinned and ready to be soldered or attached by other means to a power source. This AA Active Dummy Cell Battery does not have a connector at the end of the wire, so it is intended for the do-it-yourselfer who will be connecting it to a power supply such as a wall power adapter or some other type of DC power source.
This AA Active Dummy Cell Battery is one component of an overall Battery Eliminator solution which consists of a AA Active Dummy Cell Battery (this component), one or more AA Passive Dummy Cell Batteries (part number AA-DUMMY-PASSIVE - quantity depends on the number of regular batteries required by the electronic device), an AC to DC Wall Power Adapter (DC output voltage depends on the number of regular batteries used by the electronic device), or some other type of DC power source. The red wire internally connects to the (+) terminal of the AA Active Dummy Cell Battery, and the black wire connects to the (-) terminal.
This AA Active Dummy Cell Battery is the same size as a real AA battery, so it fits in one of the battery spaces in the battery compartment. It doesn't matter which space it goes into as long as the correct polarity is still observed as with regular batteries. The 2-conductor red & black ZIP wire can be run around or through the battery compartment cover, but a notch will need to be filed out of the side, or a hole will need to be drilled through it.
As an example, suppose you want to eliminate 2 x AA batteries, You will need 1 x AA Active Dummy Cell Battery (this component), 1 x AA Passive Dummy Cell Battery and an AC to DC Wall Adapter that supplies the appropriate power for electronic devices that use 2 x AA batteries. Since each regular AA battery supplies 1.5VDC, two AA batteries will supply 3VDC, so you would need an AC to DC Wall Adapter that supplies an output voltage around 3VDC (3.3VDC is also acceptable). If one of our AC to DC wall power adapters is used, the connector will need to be cut off, and the wires will need to be stripped, tinned and soldered to the ends of the red & back ZIP wire ends.
NOTE(S): This is not a real battery and will not power an electronic device on its own. It needs to be used in conjunction with the other necessary components that make up a complete Battery Eliminator solution as discussed above.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO DETERMINE WHICH COMPONENTS YOU NEED, PLEASE DON"T HESITATE TO CALL OR E-MAIL US AT email@example.com.
· Same Size as a Real AA Battery
· 8" Overall Wire Long
· 2-Conductor Red & Black ZIP Wire
· TC Type UL 1007 Wire, 22AWG, 7/30 Stranding
· 0.125" Stripped and Tinned Bare Wire Ends
· Intended For the Do-It-Yourselfer Who Can Provide a Custom Connection to the Stripped & Tinned Bare Wire Ends
· (+) Terminal is Internally Connected to Red Conductor, and (-) Terminal is Internally Connected to Black Conductor
· Works By Itself or in Conjunction with Our AA Passive Dummy Cell Batteries and the Appropriate AC to DC Wall Power Adapter or Other DC Power Source to Supply Power to an Electronic Device in Lieu of Expensive Batteries
· One Component That Forms a Complete Battery Eliminator System
· Part of a Battery Eliminator System That's Perfect for Flameless LED Candles and Other Electronic Devices That Are Heavily Used and Left on For Extended Periods of Time
Made in China for LightsandBatteries.com
· (+) Terminal Connected to Red Wire
· (-) Terminal Connected to Black Wire
· (+) Tip/Inner Conductor
· (-) Ring/Outer Conductor
TC Type UL 1007, 2-Conductor ZIP Wire
22AWG, 7/30 Stranding Each Conductor
0.125” Stripped and Tinned Bare Ends
Housing Dimensions (Length x Diameter)
1.97” x 0.55” (50mm x 14mm)
· Rec & Black ZIP Wire
· Blue Dummy Cell Battery Housing
Indoor Use Only
· Passive Dummy Cell Batteries
· AC to DC Wall Power Adapters
· Power Extension Cables
· Power Splitter Cables